Monday, January 9, 2023

About Me

Since I am asking all of you to share some information about yourselves on your blog, I figured it would only be fair that I share a little as well.


My name is Jason Cole.  I attended Bethel (College) back in the 1990s, graduating with a student-initiated major combining Art and Literature.  I then moved to Memphis, TN, and worked for Youth Villages for several years.  I earned my MFA in 2008 from Memphis College of Art and proceeded to teach as an adjunct instructor at a number of colleges and universities until I learned that Bethel University had instituted an art major and needed to hire a faculty member with an MFA!  I immediately applied for the position and was fortunate enough to be hired 2011.

In 2004, I was married to the love of my life, Megan:


After over 18 years, a lot more gray at my temples and in my beard, considerably longer hair on my head, and one late-arrival daughter, our family looks a bit different:


Our daughter, Augustana, is almost 7 years old and a bundle of energy.  I have passed along to her my love of Star Wars (as evidenced by my digitally manipulated photo of her with a lightsaber) and is obsessed with The Nightmare Before Christmas and unicorns.  She also never stops talking.  Never.

 

 

When it comes to art, I dabble in a little of it all: painting, drawing, photography, digital, and video.  If you are curious about my work, My website is jasonwilliamcole.com  Of particular relevance to this class would be my album of digital art.

I am looking forward to an interesting semester filled with unique work from all of you!  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment